Friday, September 01, 2006

My brain really does still work!

It has been a week and a half since my school started. At first I was so filled with anxiety I wanted to throw up every morning. I took my first test on the first day of class to see if I qualify to be in that class. I had to wait 2 days for the results. Two difficult, anxiety filled days. But, I made it. I made it through the anxiety, and into the class. Barely, but even barely is still good enough. Now, I am getting into the groove and learning and re-learning a lot about music already. It has been a much better couple of days now.

I have to say, it is weird being the oldest student in all of my classes. The teachers are older, but the next oldest student is about 23.

Well, I love the classes. My brain feels otherwise, but is getting forced back into memorizing, and taking in new information. This actually feels like a muscle being worked....Hard! But, I can feel the difference in just a week and a half.

So, I plug forward with cautious optimism, that all will be well. I asked my dh what another word could be for cautious optimism. He couldn't find the one I was looking for. My word? Humility...being teachable.

My brain has a lot of learning to do, and yes, I can finally say, "My brain really does still work!"

No comments: