Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Book of Mormon

This year one of my goals is to read the BOM. I am reading it with my dh. Every time I read it I get more and more out of it. This is the beauty of repetition. We go to the temple and do the same things over and over, yet I get more understanding.
I love the BOM and I am excited to see what I can gain from it yet again. The gospel is such a blessing to me.

I know from experience that my life is meant to be challenging. Look at all the events in the BOM. It is really teaching me so much right now.
I had a bishop once tell me that no matter how bad I feel about what is happening to me, that there will always be someone else who has it worse.
Take this family for example:

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=830228

The pain and suffering is unimaginable, but I know they will get through, because this is part of life. So, this must mean that I will get through. "The Sun will come out tomorrow" as "Annie" would say. No matter how corny it sounds, it's TRUE! Heavenly Father gives us hope. The BOM gives us hope. The gospel of Jesus Christ gives us hope. That is what I need to hang on to right now. I just need to be patient.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I love reading it and it does give me so much strength and hope. Thank you for sharing this. It's a good goal. {{{Hugs}}}