Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What do you get when you're 41 yrs. old and you play tag with a bunch of 12-18 yr. old kids?

You get fun, satisfaction, and joy over the fact that as an older woman, you can still have fun. Then, as you're running off the field, you feel a pop in your leg and you can no longer walk.

Pain, ice and a dr. visit revealed I had torn my calve muscle. Great! 3-4 days bedrest and 3-4 weeks of complete healing. This is the part of the rollercoaster that isn't so much fun. I've already left my husband alone to care for our family of 7 kids while I went off to Youth conference for 2 days, and then Girls Camp for 4 days. Now, his homemaking and childcare skills are really being tested. I don't know how many times I've already said "I'm sorry" to him in the last 4 days.

But, that is the beauty of marriage. When one suffers, the other is there to compensate. I wouldn't choose any other way.

I love him!

No comments: