Saturday, July 15, 2006

The wilderness

How would I react if I was in the wilderness alone? Would I fight to survive? Or, would I choose to give up and die? Would I wine and complain? Or, would I problem solve? These are questions all of us must ask ourselves. We must learn to save ourselves.

If we sit around waiting for someone else to save us, make us happy, make life perfect, or fix us, then we are sadly going to be disappointed. We must be teachable, so then we can be taught. We must allow ourselves to learn so we can empower ourselves against the lone and dreary wilderness. Of course I am talking figuratively. The world can be a lone and dreary place. I know, because I live with 8 other people and I can still feel very alone. I am loved and I can still feel alone.

I have great reason why I need to learn how to survive. Because it's worth it! Too many great lessons to be learned, too many people to love, and too much love yet to be shared with me. I have all these things and want to live and have passion for life. This is what a loving Heavenly Father has intended for all of us.

I have been waiting too long for someone to rescue me from my sadness, rescue me from all the wrongs done to me in my life, rescue me from not feeling good enough as a human being. A very wise person has told me that no one will rescue me. Real life is not hollywood. There is no knight in shining armor on a white horse.

I need to be the one to find within myself the strength and the happiness that does exist. I will learn this!

No comments: