Thursday, July 13, 2006

What my children have taught me.

They have taught me patience, unconditional love, forgiveness, flexibility, and how to have fun. I had a very serious childhood. My mother had breast cancer when I was 5. She was then diagnosed with bone cancer when I was around the age of 10. Given 6 months to live. She lived with the effects of this cancer until I was 27, when she passed on due to complications of surgery on her bowel, which they said were complications due to fighting the cancer for so many years. Her body would not heal. It was plain worn out.

My childhood consisted of wondering how long she would be around. I had to grow up pretty fast. I think I went from being 10 to adulthood right then and there. I hated my teenage yrs. Too much stress. Can the fun that was missed, be made up? I'm working on that!

No comments: